recurrent downtime

enediel gonzalez enediel at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:58:38 CET 2005

Thanks Steve for your answer

When I sent my first message I was trying to use the project
sched_downtime.tar.gz avalilable on nagiosexchange's site

today
I was trying to use your project, everything is find until I run
downtime_job.pl

my($CMDFILE) = "/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd"; # Nagios CMD file
my($CFGFILE) = "/usr/local/nagios/etc/schedule.cfg";  # configuration file
my($FREQUENCY) = 1440; # how many minutes between runs. 1440=24hrs
my($DEBUG) = 0;

#executing the command date
Mon Dec  5 13:50:39 EST 2005

using your web page I configured properly schedule.cfg,

define schedule {
        schedule_type   host
        host_name               enediel
        user                    admin
        comment         test
        time            15:00
        duration                30
        days_of_week            Mon
}

running downtime_job.pl I don't receive any error message
and visiting after the nagios page to check the Scheduled Host Downtime
declarations I don't see anything there.

I checked this flag on the nagios configuration's file
check_external_commands=1

today in the morning I saw that launching your script I obtained the
necessary nagios configuration, using the nagios interface I deleted the
scheduled downtime, but for some reason, later on my tests it didn't happen
anymore.

?Could it be for the nagios version?
I'm using Nagios 2.0b3

Thanks in advance for any answer