changes from 2.0b4 to b5/b6

Jesse Caldwell Jesse.Caldwell at Colorado.EDU
Thu Dec 1 23:01:42 CET 2005

Hello,

I've noticed a couple of changes from 2.0b4 and was wondering if
anyone else has seen the same. The first is that in b5/b6, I lost
the "View Trends For This Service" and "View Alert Histogram For
This Service" links in extinfo.cgi. I don't know what changed between
b4 and b5 to bring this about, since I can't find where USE_TRENDS
and USE_HISTOGRAM are defined any differently than in b4. At any
rate, defining USE_TRENDS and USE_HISTOGRAM in include/cgiutils.h
brings back the extinfo.cgi that I'm used to.

The second issue is that b5 and b6 take a long time to start service
checks after startup, usually about 1.5 min, where b4 would start
service checks almost immediately. This isn't causing any problems,
just wondering what the heck it's doing.

The only issue I had with 2.0b4 was that the parent nagios process
would consume cpu resources once a week or so. Nagios would continue
to function normally, albeit at > 90% cpu utilization. Killing
nagios with KILL and restarting was the only way to get it to behave.
I (obviously) haven't run b6 long enough to know if this is still
an issue.

We're running FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1, and nagios is configured with:

	./configure --localstatedir=/foghorn/data/nagios
		    --prefix=/usr/local/nagios
		    --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
		    --with-default-comments
		    --with-default-downtime
		    --with-default-perfdata
		    --with-default-retention
		    --with-default-status
		    --with-htmurl=/nagios
		    --with-init-dir=/etc/rc.d
		    --with-mail=/usr/bin/mail
		    --with-nagios-grp=nagios
		    --with-nagios-user=nagios
		    --with-template-extinfo
		    --with-template-objects
		    --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/gd/lib
		    --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/gd/include

The configuration for nagios has remained static while trying all
three betas.

Regards,

Jesse