Nagios 2.04b Not checking services in a timely manner

Danny Russell drussell at mpifix.com
Thu Dec 1 19:59:57 CET 2005

My Nagios server is not checking services as fast as I have set them to
in the config. For example, I have a service that when it is in a
non-okay status I want the check to occur every minute until it recovers
(the retry check interval).

So I set the service to look like this:

define service {

        name Midnight Installer Status

        use --template ARGIS Customer Service

        check_command check_nrpe_mi_status

        retry_check_interval 1

        notification_period 24x7

        register 0

        notification_options u,c,r

        stalking_options o,w,u,c

        contact_groups TechOpsSupport

}

define service {

        name --template ARGIS Customer Service

        max_check_attempts 5

        normal_check_interval 10

        retry_check_interval 3

        active_checks_enabled 1

        check_period 24x7

        process_perf_data 1

        retain_status_information 1

        retain_nonstatus_information 1

        notification_interval 30

        notification_period ShopHours

        notifications_enabled 1

        register 0

        notification_options u,c,r

        servicegroups ARGIS Customer Services

        contact_groups TechOpsSupport

}

Why would the checks not be happening on the schedule?

Here is the number of checks I am doing:

# Active Host / Service Checks:  73 / 831

Thanks!