Limiting Views of Hosts

Todd Barbera todd_barbera at wgbh.org
Fri Dec 2 01:25:41 CET 2005

Yes. Set them up as a contact and only include them on the hosts you want them to see. Here's an example of one of my host configuration files:

# 'acsdb' host definition
define host{
        use                     sunservers
        host_name               acsdb
        alias                   acsdb
        address                 192.168.40.40
        contact_groups          sys-admins,localonline
        }

'sys-admins' is setup for everything. 'localonline' only gets a subset of hosts that those folks are concerned with.

Todd