HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Rene Nelson neririn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:30:16 CET 2005

My HTTP check on a windows 2003 IIS 6 server suddenly started reporting the
following.  HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Does anyone have any suggestion as to the cause?  Thanks in advance for any
help.

When going to the URL via lynx I get:

You are not authorized to view this page

   credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
   WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
   accept.

This worked fine until I restarted nagios today.  Any suggestions?