HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Chris Burgess chris at chrisburgess.com.au
Thu Dec 1 01:39:01 CET 2005

On 1/12/05 11:30 AM, "Rene Nelson" <neririn at gmail.com> wrote:

> My HTTP check on a windows 2003 IIS 6 server suddenly started reporting the
> following.  HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion as to the cause?  Thanks in advance for any
> help.
>
> When going to the URL via lynx I get:
>
> You are not authorized to view this page

>    credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
>    WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
>    accept.
>
> This worked fine until I restarted nagios today.  Any suggestions?

Hi Rene,

If you can't view the page from Lynx, I would say it's not likely related to
Nagios.

Checking the Event Viewer on the IIS server might turn up clues that might
help. The following link has a bit more info.

http://www.chat11.com/You_Are_Not_Authorized_To_View_This_Page_Error_From_II
S_When_Using_Perl_And_LWP_To_Browse_Localhost

Cheers,
Chris