error code 127 after each server reload

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Wed Aug 31 22:10:18 CEST 2005

First off:
ls -lh /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http

Does it exist?

If so, then

Put in an "echo" in the checkcommand, restart nagios and see what is
output to your nagios gui. Copy and paste that line and actually run the
entire line as nagios user.   See if there are any errors.  Basically
this will test whether you can run

example:
define command {
	command_name	check_tomcat
	command_line 	echo $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 8080
}

> inside /etc/nagios/resource.cfg :
> $USER1$=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins
>
> inside /etc/nagios/services.cfg :
> define service{
> 	use				generic-service		; Name
of service
> template to use
>
> 	host_name			salerno.lan.lexum.pri
> 	service_description		TOMCAT
> 	is_volatile			0
> 	check_period			24x7
> 	max_check_attempts		3
> 	normal_check_interval		5
> 	retry_check_interval		1
> 	contact_groups			linux-admins
> 	notification_interval		120
> 	notification_period		24x7
> 	notification_options		w,u,c,r
> 	check_command			check_tomcat
> 	}
>
> Bu I still have :
>

> Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, FM wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I'm having a great time configuring this beast !
> >> Each time that I reload or restart NAGIOS I recevied error 127 for
all
> >> services (and also lots of false positive email)
> >> ex :
> >> Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'NFS' on host
> >> 'SERVER' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to
run
> >> actually exists.
> >>
> >> I'm using nagios 2.0b4
> >>

> > FAQ ID F0017