@sysconfdir@/cgi.cfg - Installation setup problem

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Aug 31 06:39:55 CEST 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Elizar M. Palad wrote:

> I rerun ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
> --with-htmlurl=/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-groupp=nagios
> --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib
> and summary is below:
> *** Configuration summary for nagios 2.0b4 08-02-2005 ***:
>
> General Options:
> -------------------------
> Nagios executable: nagios
> Nagios user/group: nagios,nagios
> Command user/group: nagios,nagios
> Embedded Perl: no
> Event Broker: yes
> Install ${prefix}: /usr/local/nagios
> Lock file: ${prefix}/var/nagios.lock
> Init directory: /etc/init.d
> Host OS: solaris2.6
>
> Web Interface Options:
> ------------------------
> HTML URL: http://localhost/nagios/
> CGI URL: http://localhost/nagios/cgi-bin/
> Traceroute (used by WAP):
>

> Review the options above for accuracy. If they look okay,
> type 'make all' to compile the main program and CGIs.
> ------------------
> Looks ok isn't it?
> then when i do 'make all', i have this error:
> # make all
> cd ./base && make
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `../include/locations.h'
> Current working directory /packages/nagios-2.0b4/base
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
> This is also my second time with this error. What I did was i copy
> locations.h.in <http://locations.h.in> as locations.h :-)
> and the compilation continues.. (was that not right? :)
> thanks!

NOOOOO - configure must have produced an error before the summary was
printed.

configure should create a locations.h from locations.h.in after
appropriate substitutions.

If the file is not being created properly - you may have a file permission
issue.

run "chown -R user:group nagios_src_dir/"

replace the user and group with the user and group info fort he person
running configure

replace nagios_src_dir with the dir that contains the nagios src.

Never copy a *.*.in file into a *.* file.

--

-sg