@sysconfdir@/cgi.cfg - Installation setup problem

Elizar M. Palad elizar.palad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:38:05 CEST 2005

Hi list!
This is my first time in nagios and first time in this list.
I tried following the direction in the documentation in the source
and browsed the archive for this basic/common (iguess) problem
in setting up nagios. I hope someone out there can help me.
 When i access nagios using IE (http://localhosts/nagios) the
web interface shows up, but clicking the monitoring links (cgis)
i have this:
 Whoops!

*Error: Could not open CGI config file '@sysconfdir@/cgi.cfg' for reading!*
I have every config file in /usr/local/nagios/etc
(cgi.cfg, nagios.cfg and other cfg files)
 pre-flight check shows no errors

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors: 0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight
check

 What could be wrong? what did i miss? no errors in apache logs or in
configuation of httpd.conf.
 Help me please? someone? if there's additional info you guys might need,
please let me know..
thanks!
 eli

--