Ignoring a particular alarm (on purpose)?

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Aug 31 00:08:06 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 23:24 +0200, max wrote:
> I though you where able to monitor if there are new update to install
> on server (install and do the reboot). With the check you sent, don't
> you just check if the agent that manage the update is running, not
> that new update is available.
>
> Am I missing something?

That process only runs when a new update is available.
I believe it corresponds to the little icon in the bottom-right "dock"
thing.

I have managed to avoid dealing with Windoze on any real level for the
past 8 years or so, so forgive me for skipping the precise details.  (I
don't touch any MS products directly at my current position - I just
monitor them.)

I can tell you that the alert only "goes off" when a new update comes
out, though.