statusmap.cgi can't find libgd.so.2 in /usr/local/lib

John Christian potus98 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 20:40:02 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've RTFM, Googled, and checked the list archives but
can't seem to really fix this issue. Any assistance
would be very appreciated!

It seems that statusmap.cgi in nagios-plugins-1.4.1 is
not finding libgd.so.2 in /usr/local/lib. If I copy
libgd.so.2 from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib,
nagios-plugins finds it just fine and statusmap.cgi
works fine.

How do I get nagios-plugins-1.4.1 to "see" the
libgd.so.2 library in /usr/local/lib?

BTW: I did an ldd of all the Nagios CGI's and there
are other CGI's that DO find other libraries in
/usr/local/lib. For example, trends.cgi found
libfreetype.so.6 in /usr/local/lib just fine. Seems
strange that statusmap.cgi doesn't find what it needs
in /usr/local/lib.

Nagios 2.0b4
Linux foo.foo.com 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan
13 22:32:42 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and
Roland McGrath. Built for i386-redhat-linux-gnu

TIA!
-John