Antwort: RE: mail address for notifications

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Mon Aug 29 09:52:01 CEST 2005

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 29.08.2005 02:11:18:

> Im trying to switch mail to sendEmail but the command line parameter for
the
> recipients is not the same and sendEmail is not working right now.
>
> How can I find out the expanded command line that nagios is running when
> sending the notifications?

It's all in the misccommands.cfg

Actually it is not Nagios' responsebility to control the sender
email address, but that of your system. If you are sending as
root at locahost it shows that your sendmail is not fully configured.
What you might want to do is either fix your sendmail installation
(no, I'm not going into details how to do that), or change
misccommands.cfg. /sbin/mail becomes /sbin/sendmail and you
might want to add -fnagios at my.mailserver.is.broken.com to force
the envelope-sender. Note that this only works if Nagios is run
under a user that has rights to change the envelope in sendmail.

 -> man sendmail

regards
        sash

Sascha Runschke