how to compile check_nt.c

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Aug 26 11:36:19 CEST 2005

dan dang wrote:
>  I have installed the c-compiler however I still can't compile "check_nt.c"
> though I'm in the right directory and I have the c-compiler. Does anyone
> know how to compile this plugin under Linux-Debian ? I have downloaded the
> c-compiler with the command "aptitude" and I have added the necessary
> libraries to enable the compiler to run properly BUT I can't manage to
> compile the plugin "check_nt.c" that I have downloaded (nagios-plugins-1.4.1).
> As mentioned to *Lori Adams and Jon*, when I run the service, the system
> does NOT recognize it, I'm pretty sure the service is NOT installed and I
> can't compile it !
>  I'm open to your advices, thanks in advance !!

I'm sure you are.

Sorry to say this, but given the lack of detail in your error-report and
the way you're trying to compile the plugin makes me think you don't
know squat about neither unix nor the process of compiling source-code
into software.

I seriously suggest you pay your local unix guru a bottle of scotch.
He'll sort it out in somewhere between 30 seconds and two minutes, but
explaining the process to you will take several days, because you will
give wrong and incomplete info about what's going on every step of the
way. Sorry, but it's the harsh truth.

One way to get you going though, is to learn you the importance of the

man

command. Type

man man

at the prompt, and you'll instantly notice the wealth of information at
your disposal.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer