Contacts/Contact Groups/Paging options

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Aug 25 19:29:55 CEST 2005

This is what we did for a long time but for e-mail to blackberrys. We'd
have one person on call each week so I pre-created a years worth of
contact.cfg files and replaced the one nagios was looking at every
Sunday night via cron. It was hands off once it was set up presuming
nobody left, switched weeks, etc. We do it differently now that wouldn't
work with a pager setup.

> I'd love to hear any useful tips from people who've already done this
> particular method.

Bear in mind that the notification commands are/can be scripts that do
anything you want. If you store the on-call information in a database or
other more easily managed information store you could always have the
script look there to determine who the lucky pager was and notify
appropriately.

--
Marc