documentation error

Rik Bobbaers Rik.Bobbaers at cc.kuleuven.be
Thu Aug 25 12:30:53 CEST 2005

hellow all,

first of all, sorry, i've been totally stupid, so forget the previous mails of
me, all is solved. i reread all the documentation for the third time and i
found my mistake(s).

# RETAIN STATE INFORMATION
# This setting determines whether or not Nagios will save state
# information for services and hosts before it shuts down.  Upon
# startup Nagios will reload all saved service and host state
# information before starting to monitor.  This is useful for
# maintaining long-term data on state statistics, etc, but will
# slow Nagios down a bit when it (re)starts.  Since its only
# a one-time penalty, I think its well worth the additional
# startup delay.

retain_state_information=1

# STATE RETENTION FILE
# This is the file that Nagios should use to store host and
# service state information before it shuts down.  The state
# information in this file is also read immediately prior to
# starting to monitor the network when Nagios is restarted.
# This file is used only if the preserve_state_information
# variable is set to 1.

state_retention_file=/usr/local/nagios-test/var/retention.dat

it says : This file is used only if the preserve_state_information variable is
set to 1

shouldn't that be retain_state_information is set to 1 ?

greetings

ps. thanks for this nice piece of software!

--
harry
aka Rik Bobbaers

K.U.Leuven - LUDIT          -=- Tel: +32 485 52 71 50
Rik.Bobbaers at cc.kuleuven.be -=- http://harry.ulyssis.org

Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:
  1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
  2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and make
such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends itself to.
In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
  3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
  4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that may be
included on your message.