Custom return address?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Aug 25 05:33:02 CEST 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Alan Maxwell wrote:

> Is there a way to set the return address for email sent out from nagios?
> My monitoring server is not the email server nor do I use the accounts
> there.
> I'd like to set the return address manually.

Then you  have to write your own notification scripts. "mail" used in the
sample notification scripts shipped with nagios does not allow setting
the from address.

Call sendmail directly using it -f option (but it will add an
X-Authentication warning header).
Perl's Mail::Sendmail or other modules may be useful.

--
-sg