Web authentication via Radius

Tony tony at thewordzone.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 00:09:59 CEST 2005

We have a radius server that is used to authenticate staff logging onto our
routers and switches, I’d like to be able to use the radius server to
authenticate staff logging into the Nagios web interface also.

I’ve been able to install the mod_auth_xradius module on our Nagios server
and can get authentication working via the radius server without any
problems, however any users I want to be able to access and view the Nagios
pages needs to be added to the cgi.cfg file in all the relevant places.

What would be good is not to have to add these usernames to the cgi.cfg file
which means any new users that are added to the radius users database
doesn’t also have to be added to the cgi.cfg file.

So is there a way to just let Nagios give full access to all web functions
as long as they pass the web authentication first without having to add the
usernames into the cgi.cfg file?

All users would be admin users anyway so they would not need to be limited
to certain functions.

I know we can give one login username/password to everyone but I’d like to
be able to see who is logging in and keep track of what they are doing and
with one generic username/password that would be hard to do.

Thanks

Tony