Service Checks in pending state - Take 2

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Aug 24 20:55:04 CEST 2005

It does seem like a strange problem with no immediately apparent answers
based on the information provided. That's probably why you didn't get a
response.

-What is the output of '/path/to/nagios -s /path/to/nagios.cfg'?

-What values do you have for these directives in nagios.cfg --

inter_check_delay_method
service_interleave_factor
max_concurrent_checks
service_reaper_frequency
retain_state_information
state_retention_file (does the file exist if specified? Stop nagios and
delete it if so)
use_retained_program_state
execute_service_checks

-Is there anything interesting in nagios.log?

-Can you provide a sample service definition and its associated template
if there is one?

-What OS are you running on?

-How was nagios installed (tarball, rpm, deb, etc) and where did you get
it?

-If you compiled nagios yourself, what configure options did you use?

--
Marc