Antwort: Two contacts using the same HTTP auth?

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Tue Aug 23 10:28:02 CEST 2005

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 22.08.2005 20:45:25:

>    I've been mulling this over in my head, but I can't quite
> figure out how to do this, so I thought I'd ask here.
>
>    I need to set up a "host" that is always down, with notifications
> disabled by default.  I have done that, no big deal.
>
>    The problem I have, is that this fake host needs to have a
> separate contact, and I'd like to have the user use the same
> HTTP auth username and password she already has.
>
>    Hence, she can log in using her original username and password
> just fine, but since that username is not a contact for this new
> fake host, she cannot see it (and more importantly, she cannot
> enable/disable notifications).

I'd use a little trick.

Define the host with their original contact.
Define an escalation for the host which starts at
notification 1 and overwrites the contact with their
blackberry contact.

Voila. They got access to the host with their original
contact, but mails go to the blackberry contact.

sash

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk Administration
IT-Services