Nagios 2.0b4 wont use hostextinfo.cfg

Daniel Tuecks dtuecks at neuwied.de
Tue Aug 23 10:07:57 CEST 2005

Hi

I recently installed the 2.0 version of Nagios. Unfortunally my hostextinfo.cfg file isn't used by nagios anymore... I configured Nagios as shown below:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr/sbin/ \
--datadir=/usr/share/nagios \
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins \
--localstatedir=/var/log/nagios \
--sbindir=/usr/lib/nagios/cgi \
--sysconfdir=/etc/nagios \
--with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin \
--with-gd-lib=/lib \
--with-gd-inc=/usr/include \
--with-htmlurl=/nagios \
--with-lockfile=/var/log/nagios/run/nagios.pid \
--with-mail=/bin/mail \
--with-nagios-user=daemon \
--with-nagios-group=daemon \
--with-command-user=nobody \
--with-command-grp=www \
--with-perlcache \
--with-template-objects \
--with-template-extinfo \
--enable-event-broker

I have a hostextinfo.cfg file located in /etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg

My cgi.cfg has an entry

xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg

And the hostextinfo.cfg looks like this:

define hostextinfo{
        host_name       SR_PROCURVE_2848_1
        notes           Backbone HP Procurve 2848
        icon_image      switch40.png
        icon_image_alt  HP Procurve 2848
        vrml_image      switch40.png
        statusmap_image switch40.gd2
        }

How do I get my hostextinfo back to work?

---
Stadtverwaltung Neuwied
Daniel Tücks
- EDV -