Firewalled hosts

Bill Stevenson monitoring_with_nagios at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 00:01:42 CEST 2005

Everyone -- As you're about to find out I am new to
Nagios. I have a question about passive checks. I have
a remote network, accesible only by a single public IP
address. Behind the firewall that is bound to that IP
address are 5 Windows 2003 hosts. I've looked into
monitoring performance on these hosts with the
Nsclient.  So good so far.

What I'm actually having trouble with is this: can I
have the Windows hosts send the results of the of the
Nsclient checks back to the Nagios server across the
Internet? Of course I would have to have a port
forwarded from the firewall on the "local" network to
the Nagios server in order to accept the data sent
from the Windows server. How can I send the check
results from the Windows servers to the Nagios server?

Maybe I've missed this in TFM if someone could point
me in the right direction or give advise, it would be
much appreciated.