check_nt configurations/setup

Bobby Bradshaw bobby.bradshaw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 16:55:52 CEST 2005

I changed the nrpe listening port to 1250, because I read somewhere
that MS Exchange uses port 1248.  So, I opened tcp port 1250 on both
the nagios server and the windows xp host.  I edited nrpe.cfg - the
listening port to 1250 and added the xp host ip to allowed_hosts
section.  I added the following to command.cfg:

command[check_nt_disk]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1250 -v
USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
command[check_nt_cpuload]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1250 -v
CPULOAD -l $ARG1$
command[check_nt_uptime]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1250 -v UPTIME
command[check_nt_service]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -P 1250 -v
SERVICESTATE -l $ARG1$
command[check_nt_memuse]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1250 -v
MEMUSE -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$

Also, I have NOT edited checkcommands.cfg, because I don't know if I
have to and not sure what to put in there if I do have to.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong or if there is extra steps
to be taken.
Thanks!

On 8/21/05, Petrucci, Joseph <Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com> wrote:

> There are a few things you can check.
> First check that the "Nagios Agent" is running as a service on the Windows
> machine.
> Second check if port 1248 is opened between the Nagios machine and the
> Windows machine.
>
> These are first steps I would think you have already done, but since you
> didn't mention them I thought I would.
>
> If you have already done this post a description of the steps you have taken
> so far and there results so we can help further.
>
> Joseph A. Petrucci
E Systems
> DBA
Desk: