check_mailq problem----permission denied

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Aug 16 18:16:04 CEST 2005

can
> not chdir(/var/spool/mqueue/): Permission denied
>
> I haver changed permission to all all read access to /var/spool/mqueue
but
> it didnt seem to help. Any suggestions?

Is the directory read only or read + execute. Directories must be +rx to
be readable. Also, do you have SELinux enabled? I believe it is enabled
by default on that OS. Since it's clearly a permissions issue, that
would be the next level to check. Look in /var/log/messages for avc
denied messages related to /var/spool/mqueue.

--
Marc