Clusters Of Services: Notification

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Fri Aug 12 11:25:26 CEST 2005

Hi Gotz,

> When check_cluster reports a warning or critical state,
> the contacts get an email which states only the problem
> with the service cluster but not which services fails.
>
> I have to fire up the webinterface and drill down to
> the services to identify the bad boy(s).
>
> Is there any way to produce more detailed notifications
> in this case? Or am I just to blind to see (wouldn't be
> the first time with Nagios...;-)

I've written an experimental check_cluster style plugin which gives more
detailed output, like this:

OK: 0/0/0/3 (virt2.loband.org filter news.bbc.co.uk is OK,
virt2.loband.org filter www.google.co.uk is OK, virt2.loband.org filter
www.yahoo.com is OK)

It's probably not too good for big clusters, as the output will be
truncated, and it's not too flexible yet, but it's a shell script so it
should be easy to customise. I can send you a copy if you're interested.

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)