testing URLs hosted locally

David Millet dave at thefranchisebuilders.com
Thu Aug 11 00:01:36 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I have a nagios server running on the same local network as some
webservers.  I'd like to set nagios up to check the websites as if
checking from outside the network, but im not sure how to do that...  I
do have access to other hosts outside the network, so perhaps there's a
way to set those outside hosts up to check the websites and report to
nagios?  has anybody found a way to check locally hosted websites from a
nagios server that is on the same network?

Thanks,
David Millet