Problem with check_mailq script and nrpe

Johnny Stork jstork at pbco.ca
Wed Aug 10 21:25:44 CEST 2005

   I have s strange problem where I can run the following command on SERVER2
   (192.168.101.12)
   ./check_mailq -w 1 -c 5
   WARNING: mailq is 1 (threshold w = 1)|unsent=1;1;5;0
   Which correctly shows 1 message in ther sendmail que.
   SERVER2 is running NRPE with the following nrpe.cfg entry...
   command[check_mailq]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mailq -w 2 -c 5
   Nagios is actually running on SERVER4 (192.168.101.14). Below is the
   command I run and its output from SERVER4, the Nagios Server.
   ./check_nrpe -H 192.168.101.12 -c check_mailq
   OK: mailq is empty|unsent=0;2;5;0
   Which does not coincide with the output of check_mailq run directly on
   SERVER2?
   Any suggestions?

   Systems:
   SERVER4