problem setting up contact

Andy Kriger andy.kriger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 22:04:48 CEST 2005

Accidentally sent that last mail to Marc only but he followed up with me...

Line 2409 in objects.c is --

#ifdef DEBUG1
       printf("\tContact Name:
%s\n",new_contact->name);
       printf("\tContact Alias:
%s\n",new_contact->alias);
       printf("\tContact Email Address:
%s\n",new_contact->email);
 --->      printf("\tContact Pager Address/Number:
%s\n",new_contact->pager);
       printf("\tSvc Notification Time Period:
%s\n",new_contact->service_notification_period);
       printf("\tHost Notification Time Period:
%s\n",new_contact->host_notification_period);
#endif

It would appear to my laypersons eyes that printf is having difficulty
with the NULL value for new_contact->pager. I would also hazard that if
you compile nagios without the debug flags you might not see this issue
since that line is only called when DEBUG1 is enabled (oh the irony).

----

Setting a pager value eliminated the segfault.

So to sum-up, if you compile with DEBUG you need to set an email and
pager (even though they are not technically required) to avoid a
segfault from the debug info.