cmd/bat file help plz...running it via check_nrpe

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Mon Aug 8 20:41:50 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Can somebody help me write a cmd/bat file please....

I assume that you have already written it, and are still getting this
error:

> >./check_nrpe -H 10.30.128.254 -c reboot_server
> >
> >BUT i then get a message saying:
> >
> ><remote windows server machine name>: The system could not find the
> >environment option that was entered.(203)

This sounds like the Windows user that NRPE runs as does not have
permissions to shut down the machine, or is not set up correctly.

I've never used NRPE on Windows, but I assume it runs as a system
service. If not, this advice won't help you.

>From the services control panel, go to properties for the NRPE service.
Find the option for "run as user". Try changing it to either LocalSystem
or an account in the Administrators group. (if one doesn't work, try the
other, they are not the same).

If that doesn't help, you might want to try an alternative shutdown
command, like the one that comes with Cygwin.

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)