email notifications not being kicked off.

Jesse Driskill jessed at 180solutions.com
Fri Aug 5 23:07:14 CEST 2005

Hi all,

            I've been stuck on this problem for several days and
haven't; made much headway. None of the email alerts from any of my
systems work at all. I've confirmed that I can send mail from the
systems, and that if I copy/paste the 'notify-by-email' command contents
is the screen (substituting macros of course), that the email comes. The
log file does not have any email errors at all... it notes the host go
down soft, then hard, but  no action is taken. The problem seems to be
that nagios isn't trying to send the notifications at all.

I've confirmed that _all _ notifications are on wherever they are
defined (hosts and services as well as in the nagios.cfg)

The contact_groups are correct

contacts have everything defined for notification except the 'n'.

notification timeperiods are correct. (24x7)

log_notification is enabled

I don't know where else to look. Is there a debugging setting I can
enable to see what notification filter is failing? Or if one's failing
at all?

Thanks,

--jesse