run a script based on event??

Ludo Bosmans Ludo.Bosmans at aureusim.be
Fri Aug 5 16:11:50 CEST 2005

Geeza,

I'm not quiet sure that you can run without ssl, but on the window site
there is an INSTALL( explanation ) file that is saying:
If you want to use the SSL enabled service, you also need:
ssleay32.dll
sibea32.dll

These two dll are under the bin and installed and/or used by default. So
also at the linux site the check must be compiled with openssl
(check_nrpe)included.

I know that once the check_nrpe is compiled with openssl, you can give
an additional argument to not use the openssl encryption. But I don't
known how the client site ( win ), is re-acting. The (hidden) feature is
'-n' I thaught. An alternative is to build 2 versions, one with openssl
en one without.

May be when renaming the 2 dll is sufficient, may be a desinstall and
re-install after renaming is necessary on the win server.

Principle it is not a good idea to run without encryption.
A better solution be, get the openssl libs and recompile with openssl
support.

Kind regards,

Ludo