email notice floods

Scott Sugar ssugar at proserveit.com
Thu Aug 4 17:43:45 CEST 2005

Add in an extra service that attempts to ping a host that is always up and is outside of that switch, actually if the switch shuts off, it could even be another machine inside the switch.  We will call that service1. Now make every service dependant on service1.

Then just set the contact of service1 to be yourself so you know when that switch is down.

Although if nagios is behind that switch as well, your notification wont get out until the switch is back up.

Scott