email notice floods

Jason Woodson jwoodson at frontiernet.net
Thu Aug 4 17:06:41 CEST 2005

Actually I apologize, I did not explain the problem correctly. The
problem is not that the computer is rebooted. The problem is that on
rare occasion, the network switch that the Nagios server is connected
to has gone down. Therefore, the Nagios server thinks that everything
is down, and the email notices begin to pile up, unsent. Eventually
when I realize there is a problem and I power the switch back up, all
of the hundreds of notices finally get emailed out of the Nagios
server.

Jason