Question: How do I reduce the size of the alerts that nagios sends?

Pete Dewell pete at stuff-done.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 22:46:24 CEST 2005

Write a custom command (like the service-notify-by-email one) which only
puts in what you want. Then use that in the contacts definition of your
cellphone instead of the service-notify-by-email, or whatever you have
at the moment.

Pete Dewell

Dan Knoblauch wrote:
> Hello all. I use my cellular phone to receive alerts from my nagios host. The problem is that the cell phone has a limited amount of buffer space for received messages so whenever I get a page from nagios it gets split into 2 or more messages. Is it possible to reduce the content of the message to read something like:
>
> Subject: Problem
> Host: mx.mydomain.com
> IP: 111.111.111.111
> Service: SMTP
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Dan.

Pete Dewell | Stuff Done
pete at stuff-done.co.uk

** The information contained in this message, including any attachment,
is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete this message from your system. Any review,
re-transmission, distribution or other use of this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. *