Nagios -s latency

Rusty Hall rhall at healthvision.com
Wed Aug 3 21:53:37 CEST 2005

Hi list

I have nagios installed 1.2 installed on fedora core2 and I have
 run into an issue with checks running way behind schedule.  When
 i run the nagios -s nagios.cfg command I get the default results

        SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION

        -------------------------------

        Total services:             678

        Total hosts:                124

        Command check interval:     -1 sec

        Check reaper interval:      5 sec

        Inter-check delay method:   SMART

        Average check interval:     6190.619 sec

        Inter-check delay:          9.131 sec

        Interleave factor method:   SMART

        Average services per host:  5.468

        Service interleave factor:  6

        Initial service check scheduling info:

        --------------------------------------

        First scheduled check:      1123098253 -> Wed Aug  3 14:44:13
 2005

        Last scheduled check:       1123104434 -> Wed Aug  3 16:27:14
 2005

        Rough guidelines for max_concurrent_checks value:

        Absolute minimum value:     1

        Recommend value:            3

Even if i change the max_concurrent_checks value to 15 or so it
 makes no change to the way the checks are handled.  I have used
 this on other installations  and it has made the latency on checks
 within a minute or so.  Any help would be apprecaited

- Rusty Hall (rdhall1)

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html