How must I define this in checkcommands.cfg and services.cfg?

Ben O'Hara bohara-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 3 10:10:07 CEST 2005

On 8/3/05, Ben O'Hara <bohara-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> and then add the service into etc/services.cfg
>
> define service{
>         use                             generic-service
>         host_name                       nemesis
>         service_description             EVO
>         is_volatile                     0
>         check_period                    24x7
>         max_check_attempts              5
>         normal_check_interval           3
>         retry_check_interval            1
>         contact_groups                  admins
>         notification_interval           120
>         notification_period             24x7
>         notification_options            w,u,c,r
>         check_command                   check_nrpe!check_vcs_sg\!evo1\!nemesis
>         }

Infact, the check_command is probably wrong, $ARG1$ is currently being
set up "check_vcs_sg"

Id suggest ading multiple checks to nrpe.cfg if you want to check
evo1, evo2 etc? (Im not sure what your checking!)

You can then just use

 check_command                   check_nrpe!check_vcs_sg_evo1
 check_command                   check_nrpe!check_vcs_sg_evo2

as your check_commands in services.cfg

Hope that makes sense!

Ben