nagios displaying jpg icons for host?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Aug 2 16:27:26 CEST 2005

Your browser must be doing something funny with the name or file. They
all look like they're tar.gz files (tar -zxvf filename.tar.gz). It's
possible that your browser is handling the gzip -d and you end up with a
straight .tar file (tar xvf filename.tar) and the filename is just
wacky. You can tell by running the 'file' command on the downloaded file
'file somename.tar.tar'. The image packs are just a collection of png or
jpg images (depending one the preference of the person that created the
pack) representing different devices or OS's. For example --
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/typo3conf/ext/net_nagext/pi1/download.php?
file=MOjNP7Wu3w4jMxTXutzMg4amUF3Kasm0L9ZF%2FaeEibRfu9iy34rCSZ6uEZvYpetg4
yLEJMGZLag%2FAdZo6QBp3YaKIGOh78b8mZiweZy8MN9kkvrfE%2FGat1pS7XHXWzNJ&ext=
.jpg

(what an ugly URL just to look at an image, bleh). Anyway, if you don't
like any of the pre-created imagepacks, and you can use as many as you
like as you're just going to decompress them into some web-server
readable directory, there's nothing stopping you from creating your own
images and using those.

As far as how to actually use the images, I posted that link in response
to your original question. Here it is again --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xedtemplate.html

--
Marc