Problem with check_http returning 403 error

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 1 20:35:59 CEST 2005

This is an odd way to pass the arguments. This is probably the source of
your issue. I'd try the following --

# Service definition
define service{
        host_name                       some_host
        service_description             HTTP
        retry_check_interval            3
        contact_groups                  whatever
        check_command
check_http!m-xube.com!"/gd/GeIvrData.aspx"
        }

define command{
        command_name    check_http
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -H $ARG1$ -u
$ARG2$
        }

You can of course add additional arguments to check_http as you deem
necessary (like -e or -s). The quotes around the second argument may or
may not be necessary (probably not). I added them just in case.

--
Marc