check_pop help

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Fri Apr 29 09:58:28 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 02:29:38AM -0500, Leonardo Murua wrote:

> How can I check the pop time warning  and  critical time. I  don't
> understand when say DOUBLE,  I appreciated  some  example.

A "double" is a double-precision floating point number. Whether
such a term is appropriate in the plugin help output is questionable.

Basically, it's the number of seconds before a warning or critical
status will be returned by the plugin, and you can use partial
seconds, e.g. 2.5 for two and a half seconds.

check_pop -H 1.2.3.4 -w 3 -c 10

will return an OK status if the POP3 server responds within 3
seconds; a warning status if the response takes between 3 and 10
seconds; and a critical status if takes 10 or more seconds.