check_snmp

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Fri Apr 29 00:50:29 CEST 2005

What's the correct syntax for checking MULTIPLE oids with one
check_snmp statement?

I have a modem bank with 16 T1s in it, so I want to monitor those
T1s in as few commands as possible (I don't want one check for EACH
T1). The check_snmp help says you can specify multiple oids comma
separated but it doesn't seem to work. I want it to return OK if ALL
of those T1s are status 1 (up) or critical if ANY of the T1s are
status 2 (down). Is that possible? This is what I have so far.

./check_snmp -H 10.45.0.9 -o
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.14,.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.15,.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.18
-c 1:1 -C public

That returns:
SNMP OK - 1 up(1) down(2)

It sees that 1 is up, and it doesn't know how many are down? And it
still returns status ok? I'm confused.

--
Scott Baker
Canby Telephone - Network Administrator - RHCE