problem with Nagiosgraph

Guy Waugh gwaugh at scu.edu.au
Fri Apr 29 00:27:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

Arnold Wang wrote:
> I know this is NOT exactly the list I should use for the help, however
> I'm stuck now and hopefully people on this list who have experience with
> Nagiosgraph can help me out.
> I have Nagios 2.0b3 installed with Nagiosgraph 0.4 on a RHEL4 machine.
> I'm having trouble to make Nagiosgraph working. Basically, the Nagios is
> not calling the insert.pl script even I have everything configured
> according to the document, to the best of my knowledge. I checked this
> list and it seems the most possible cause is that Nagios is compiled
> with Perl cache enabled. I recompiled the Nagios with that option
> disable, still have embedded Perl enabled. The problem stays same.

I had a similar problem to this when I started out with nagiosgraph - I
ended up compiling nagios with the '--with-default-perfdata' configure
option, without embedded perl and without perlcache. Mind you, I'm using
nagios 1.2 with nagiosgraph 0.3.

Do you have little icons linking to the nagiosgraph graphs beside your
services in the nagios 'service detail' page? If so, what happens when
you click on them?

> According the Nagios document, I can run "nagios -m" to verify the Perl
> option for Nagios. I tried and Nagios complained "-m" is an unknown
> option. Since there is no log entry in nagiosgraph.log file even after I
> set the log option to 5, I even don't know how to trouble shooting this
> problem.
> Please help.

Regarding the 'nagios -m' command, what about running 'nagios -v
nagios.cfg'?

Ciao,
Guy.