NSClient++ 0.1.0 Alpha 2 released (Fixed NSClient bug, and perhaps NT4 support)

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Thu Apr 28 21:08:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

I released a new version with a pretty huge fix (NSClient listener was
broken previously) and some minor things. Unfortunetly it took ages to
track down a really nasty memory leak related to OpenSSL that I
accidentaly added when I changed to Multitasking sockets so this is
rather later then I had hoped. And the next version wont be fore atleast
two weeks as I will be away on "vacation" the nex week.

Anyways here is a short rundown of what has been fixed:

* NSClient Listener is fixed.
A major bug in the handler made it fail to read incoming datat on
occation making the check_nt SEGV.

* Multitasking Sockets.
Sockets are now multitasked allowing requests to be handled
simultaniously. Although the CORE will not multitask requests yet so if
a query takes more then 5 seconds to execute this might couse problems
as then a request will be silently closed. But will be added in the next
version and unless you have *alot* of checks this should not be a problem.

* Added COUNTER support to the NSClientListener (only FILEAGE missing
now I think ?)
Theoretically you can also use this from NRPE using the checkCounter
command.
and having arguments like counter=COUNTER_NAME but it is not really
usable from that viewpoint yet.

* Fixes in the core to the mutex handling that was broken before.

* Added new options for NT4
NT4 Users should add the following to the configuration file. (hopefully
it will now run under NT4 if not, let me know)
[CheckSystem]
ProcessEnumerationMethod=PSAPI
CounterCPU=\\.\System\% Total Processor Time

You can find it at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nscplus/

As always feedback is welcome...

// Michael Medin