[SUMMARY] solaris10, 2.03b, 1.4 check_disk state flap

Marc Belanger bru1n at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 21:47:50 CEST 2005

For some reason, this bounced back to me:|

- ----
One additional comment came to mind, as I was reading Subhendu's reply. For
now the short answer = Solaris 10 df is being used. I'm going to drop GNU df
on a currently patched Solaris 9 box *soon* to see if that fixes stuff. :)

The new comment:
If a target specified with -p is not a specific mount point, but is a valid
directory the check_disk plugin will always return a critical result.

Example, given this layout:
c0t0d0s0 mounted as /
c0t0d0s2 entire disk
c0t0d0s5 /var
c0t0d0s6 /export/home

Obviously /usr, /etc, and /opt exist under s0. If you "df -k /etc", you get
percentages style result from /, not so with check_disk, instead it returns
a "/etc not found", RC =2.

- -Marc

#
# PGP Public Key:   bru1n (at) comcast (dot) net
# E8E9 FAC2 1552 DC29 7D53 FD1E 6AAE 4CA9 E5FE B976
#