Host Checking

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Apr 28 05:51:28 CEST 2005

Hi John,

Hosts are NOT scheduled for regular checking as Nagios is a
service-oriented system. They are only checked when a service returns a
non-OK state. Your statement that hosts without services defined are
alway pending is correct as that host will not have a service to return
a non-OK state...

You may not want to check the host, so checks_enabled exists. The
directive check_command should be self explanatory...
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#host will help a
lot.

Nagios 2.0 does support scheduled host checks but they are not recommended.

HTH,
Greg

--
Greg Vickers