Host Checking

John McGowan mcgowan at lynch2.com
Thu Apr 28 05:41:54 CEST 2005

Okay, I can't seem to figure this one out...

Nagios 1.2

If you define a Host without any services, what is the schedule that the
host is checked on?  I don't see a host check interval value anywhere?
Hosts without services never seem to get past "pending", which makes
sense, because i don't see anything in the schedule to check the
hosts... So all that being said, what is the point of the
"checks_enabled and the check_command" options in the host configurations...

/John