Agentless Windows monitors

Glenn Meisenheimer gmeisenheimer at itgroundwork.com
Wed Apr 27 23:37:47 CEST 2005

Hi Andreas

OK, sorry it took so long, but we have now had an opportunity to
 scale these agentless wmi monitors up in volume in actual production
 environments (plural).

At one location we are running over 1,000 of these monitors on the
 same proxy server.  The proxy is a server class dual proc 2.8 GHz
 box - nothing special.

Nagios is running with an average plugin execution time of 2 seconds
 and the proxy server has less than 5% CPU load.  Not too shabby.

The best part is that this is all handled by setting up a domain
 account for the scripts to authenticate with.  So none of the remote
 windows servers had to be touched to configure this.  No agents,
 no local accounts, nothing.

Scripts we currently have either posted on Nagios Exchange or working
 in house and destined to be GPL'd after shakedown are include:

cpu

mem

swap

disk

process

service

More scripts are on the way.

If you have a lot of Windows servers to monitor, this is really
 the  easiest way to get it done.

Glenn A. Meisenheimer

Customer Support Manager

Groundwork Open Source Solutions

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=4574