Check_mssql.sh problem running in Nagios but runs fine on command line

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Apr 26 16:44:13 CEST 2005

To start, I haven't used this plugin. However, most often discrepancies
such as this are the result of running the command as root and not as
the nagios user. Did you perform your test as the Nagios user?

> Here's the relevant entry in checkcommands.cfg:
> # 'check_mssql.sh' command definition
> define command{
>         command_name    check_mssql.sh
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_mssql.sh $HOSTADDRESS$ username
> userpassword
>         }

The version of check_mssql.sh included in the 1.4 release of the plugins
appears to be different than what you are using. The error message above
isn't in the code at all and it expects 4 arguments on the command line
--

You did not supply enough arguments.

Perhaps there have been some modifications that will help you.

--
Marc