Check_mssql.sh problem running in Nagios but runs fine on command line

Rimbert Rivera rrivera at comtex.com
Mon Apr 25 22:32:21 CEST 2005

I'm trying to run check_mssql.sh in Nagios but I get "Error connecting
to server running on ##.##.##.##" where ##.##.##.## is the IP address of
the MSSQL server which is correct.

When I try to run the plugin from a command prompt, it executes fine:
Check_mssql.sh servername username userpassword => "Users = 813 Age In
Minutes Of Oldest User = 55390584 Max CPU User = 7192945 Max IO User =
214744 TotalBlocks = 0"

Here's the relevant entry in checkcommands.cfg:
# 'check_mssql.sh' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_mssql.sh
        command_line    $USER1$/check_mssql.sh $HOSTADDRESS$ username
userpassword
        }

Here's the relevant entry in services.cfg:
# Service definition
define service{
        use                             my-template
        host_name                       myservername
        service_description             SQL Connectivity
        max_check_attempts              1
        check_command                   check_mssql.sh
        }

- Rim

Rimbert Rivera
Manager, Information Technology
COMTEX News Network
rrivera at comtex.com
(703) 820-2000
Discover more about COMTEX at: http://www.comtex.com/
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.