FW: Help Please "HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 No Host matches server name nagios"

Joffrion, Don Don.Joffrion at healthsouth.com
Tue Apr 26 16:41:03 CEST 2005

> I am receiving this error, and I can't figure out where it's coming
> from.
>
> I have two hosts, ap63 and ap64.
> Ap63 works, so I copied the  set files and created an entry for ap64,
> changed the host name and POW! BAM! BOOM! I get the warning all the
> time.
>
> GOOD: /usr/local/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http
> hs01ap63.healthsouth.com -p 8080 -s "Welcome to JBoss"
> HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 200 OK -   0.009 second response time |time=  0.009
>
> BAD: /usr/local/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http hs01ap64.healthsouth.com
> -p 8080 -s "Welcome to JBoss"
> HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 No Host matches server name hs01ap64
>
> Hosts.cfg - ap63
> =====
> define service {
>         host_name       hs01ap63
>         service_description     SmartSystem JBoss
>         check_command   check_jboss_hs01ap63
>         max_check_attempts      5
>         normal_check_interval   1
>         retry_check_interval    1
>         check_period    smartsys
>         notification_interval  60
>         notification_period     smartsys
>         notification_options    w,u,c,r
>         notifications_enabled   1
>         contact_groups          smartsysadmins
>         }
>
> Hosts.cfg - ap64
> =========
> define service {
>         host_name       hs01ap64
>         service_description     SmartSystem JBoss
>         check_command   check_jboss_hs01ap64
>         max_check_attempts      5
>         normal_check_interval   1
>         retry_check_interval    1
>         check_period    smartsys
>         notification_interval  60
>         notification_period     smartsys
>         notification_options    w,u,c,r
>         notifications_enabled   1
>         contact_groups          smartsysadmins
>         }
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> I'm starting to think maybe it's not a nagios problem? Maybe Jboss has
> a problem?

Thanks,
Don

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you.