FW: Problem With New Client

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Sat Apr 23 02:10:42 CEST 2005

The problem is still there and I have no idea what else should be done.
I didn't mention this earlier, but the OS of the client is Fedora Core 3.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Kaplan,
Andrew H.
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 3:24 PM
To: Subhendu Ghosh
Cc: Nagios-Users (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] Problem With New Client

Hi there --

When I checked the server after having the client run nrpe in daemon mode,
the error message changed from connection refused to "Are we allowed to connect
to the host?"

I reconfigured the nrpe.cfg file and specifically added the Nagios server and
restarted
the NRPE client in daemon mode. The result was the connection refused error
returning.

Running the nrpe --help command indicated the nrpe client is version 1.8. The
check_nrpe
binary on the nagios server is also 1.x. I also verified the Nagios host server
address
is set properly in the nrpe.cfg file.