Help with check_traffic Plugin

Stover, Beth BStover at NorcalMutual.com
Sat Apr 23 01:19:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone has experience setting up and configuring the
check_traffic plugin.  It sounds like exactly what I want for monitoring
bandwidth utilization on my switches and routers.  I like the idea of
having a graph of the usage as well.

I've downloaded several versions of check_traffic, but I can't seem to
get it to work.  The tarball doesn't seem to include the
check_traffic.pl script.  Am I missing something?

I'm running Nagios ver 1.2 on FreeBSD. snmpget and snmpwalk are
installed. Perl ver 5.82.  RRDTool has been installed as well.

When I execute make-config from check_traffic delivery, I get this:

"Number of Interfaces found: 0"

I've edited make-config, but I'm not clear about the variables.  I can't
edit check_traffic.pl since it doesn't exist.

Any guidance on getting this to work would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Beth